- Move any vehicles from the driveway and make sure they are not parked in front of the home. Make sure the garage doors are closed.
- Hide trash cans, garden hoses, garden tools, sprinklers, or any other clutter from the yard.
- Sweep driveways, patios, and sidewalks.
- Extend umbrellas included with patio furniture (if necessary) and remove the cover from any barbecue pits. If applicable, remove pool toys, pool cleaners, and any other floating items.
- All window blinds should be set to the same height.
- Make sure the lawn is cut and any debris is removed. Store mower out of sight.
- Make sure that bushes and trees are trimmed properly.
- Enhance curb appeal with decor, pots, plants, flowers, etc.
- For twilight photography, be sure to turn on every exterior light.
• See that all lights and lamps have functioning bulbs and are turned on.
• Clear all countertops in the kitchen and bathroom areas. Remove tissue boxes, soap containers, & paper towel rolls as well.
• Any decor (ex. bowl of apples, oranges, lemons, or limes) adds a great touch of color to any kitchen counter. This goes a long way.
• Put away any personalized notes, pictures, & magnets from the refrigerator. Also, any bulletin boards or markings that are of personal use.
• Turn off all ceiling fans.
• Put away any evidence of “work”. This includes buckets, mops, trash cans, vacuum cleaners, sponges, soap bottles and cleaning cloths.
• Hide the kitchen trash can. Pantries are a great place for this.
• Pet beds, bowls, and toys must be stored and out of sight.
• Remove any newspapers, stacks of magazines, TV remotes, or Nintendo controllers.
• Windows and Mirrors should be cleaned and streak free.
• Carpets should be vacuumed and wood floors should be polished.
• Make all bed and hang fresh towels in bathrooms.
**Please use our real estate photography checklist as a benchmark for how an occupied residence should be staged before a photography appointment. If some of the items cannot be fulfilled for any reason, that is ok. We work flexibly with our clients to ensure their perfect product.